You had an absolutely brilliant night last night, but this morning you don’t feel so hot and, what’s more, it’s written all over your face for everyone (including your boss) to see. Here are five emergency beauty tips to hide your hangover.
1. Wash your face It sounds basic, but a properly washed face will hide a multitude of sins. Use warm water and a cleanser to remove any make up from last night. After rinsing, turn on the cold tap and splash your face with icy water as this reduces puffiness and tightens pores.
2. Rehydrate The worst affects of your hangover are down to dehydration and alcohol will literally rob your skin of moisture, making you look dull and tired. Drink plenty of liquid – good old H20 is great, as is coconut water, which contains natural electrolytes.
3. Use tinted moisturiser This step really is a godsend, so don’t skip it. A light application of tinted moisturiser will mask dullness, even skin tone and give your skin a much-needed hydration boost. You might still feel terrible on the inside but you’ll look glowing to everyone else.
4. Take some aspirin Aspirin will help to calm that pounding headache, but it can also improve your skin. As it has anti-inflammatory properties which will stop your skin looking so red and swollen.
5. Make up is your friend Applying some pink to your face will instantly lift your complexion and give the impression of a healthy glow, so try a rosy blusher or a girly lipstick. Feel free to go wild with the mascara as well – applying two coats will make your eyes look more awake and a strong black colour will brighten the look of those bloodshot peepers.